Tennessee Family Coalition
The initiative of the Family Coalition is to empower families of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to advocate for better services and outcomes regarding integrated and competitive employment. The core of the Tennessee Family Coalition is a group of parents, family members, and self-advocates who desire to overcome barriers and to increase competitive/integrated work opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Initial groups will begin in the Memphis and Nashville area with others added over time to represent families across the state of Tennessee.
- Form a strong advocacy group
- Advocate for improved services and supports for individuals with disabilities that lead to employment
- Make recommendations regarding collective needs and outcomes
- Share resources connecting families with information and supports
- Connect with and impact policy makers and leaders
How Can I Get Involved?
We invite you to connect with the coalition closest to your community by contacting Carrie Guiden, Executive Director of the Arc Tennessee, at 615-248-5878 or firstname.lastname@example.org