This section of the website is designed for young people interested in pursuing a good job in their community-during or after high school. It will help you find out about interesting career possibilities, how to get hired, and how to succeed once you are working. Learn how to…
- Find out which jobs might be a great fit for you
- Search for your first job
- Impress employers at an interview
- Develop friendships at your workplace
Leadership Opportunity for Self-Advocates!
The Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center (SARTAC), a project of the organization Self Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE), is recruiting self-advocates for their Policy Leadership Fellowship program. This fellowship is an opportunity to develop and grow leadership skills by completing a project, fellows will also receive up to $5,000 for their work. The deadline for applications is April 12 at 4:00PM CT. Click here for the flyer and program application.
To learn more about getting to work, finding a job you love and setting life goals, visit the following websites:
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability/Youth
- What Will You Do? The Campaign for Disability Employment
- I’m Determined
- Kids as Self-Advocates (KASA)
- Get the Job…Keep the Job! Video
- Learn About Self-Advocacy: Speaking Up
- Youth in Action: Becoming a Stronger Self-Advocate
- Speak Up: Using What You’ve Got to Get What You Want