Families play an essential role in the employment success of young people. Our website is your go-to source for equipping your sons and daughters with the skills, opportunities, and supports they need to achieve successful employment outcomes! Follow the links below to easily find and download practical resources, join the Tennessee Parent Coalition, and browse our growing video collection. We’ve got a few suggestions to get you started:
- Tennessee General Assembly Office Map (for those attending Disability Day on the Hill or meeting with legislators). Includes location of Cordell Hull building. Click here
- Preparing for Employment: On the Home Front. Click here
- The Arc Secondary Transition Handbook. Click here
- Check out information on Tennessee’s Occupational Diploma. Click here
- Employment and Community First CHOICES Presentation Slides from TennCare. Click here
- Check out our weekly blog series Rise to Work: An Insider’s Look at Disabilities and Employment. Click here to access all archived blogs. If you want these weekly blogs delivered straight to your inbox, click here to subscribe.
- In the spring of 2014, we launched a statewide effort in part to understand the resources, supports, and information parents would find most helpful regarding employment and postsecondary educational outcomes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have gathered practical, on-demand resources in all the areas family members told us they needed more information on. Click on “Resources” below.
- The initiative of the Tennessee Family Coalition is to empower families of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to advocate for better services and outcomes regarding integrated and competitive employment. The core of the Tennessee Family Coalition is a group of parents, family members, and self-advocates who desire to overcome barriers and to increase competitive/integrated work opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Initial groups will begin in the Memphis and Nashville area with others added over time to represent families across the state of Tennessee. We invite you to connect with the coalition closest to your community by contacting Carrie Guiden, Executive Director of the Arc Tennessee, at 615-248-5878 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on social media! Join our Tennessee Family Coalition Facebook Group.