Families play an essential role in the employment success of young people. Our website is your go-to source for equipping your sons and daughters with the skills, opportunities, and supports they need to achieve successful employment outcomes! Follow the links below to easily find and download practical resources, join the Tennessee Parent Coalition, and browse our growing video collection. We’ve got a few suggestions to get you started:
- Preparing for Employment: On the Home Front. Click here
- The Arc Secondary Transition Handbook. Click here
- Check out information on Tennessee’s Occupational Diploma. Click here
- Employment and Community First CHOICES Presentation Slides from TennCare. Click here
- Check out our weekly blog series Rise to Work: An Insider’s Look at Disabilities and Employment. Click here to access all archived blogs. If you want these weekly blogs delivered straight to your inbox, click here to subscribe.
- In the spring of 2014, we launched a statewide effort in part to understand the resources, supports, and information parents would find most helpful regarding employment and postsecondary educational outcomes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We have gathered practical, on-demand resources in all the areas family members told us they needed more information on. Click on “Resources” below.