Participate in May’s CapABILITY Career ExpoApril 23, 2015 | General
MT|SHRM, in partnership with TennesseeWorks, presents our inaugural CapABILITY Career Expo on Wednesday, May 20, from 3:00-7:30 p.m. at the Nashville Airport Marriott. This career expo will provide a forum for Middle Tennessee employers and the disabled/disabled veterans communities to come together to discuss careers and job openings.
Why Exhibit at the CapABILITY CAREER EXPO?
- 87% of customers prefer to do business with companies that employ people with disabilities.
- Employees with disabilities have lower or equal turnover and absentee rates than employees without disabilities.
- Businesses that hire people with disabilities qualify for certain financial incentives.
- Employers who are federal contractors now have a 7% utilization goal for employing qualified individuals with disabilities.
- People with disabilities contribute to diversity, and businesses can enhance their competitive edge by taking steps to ensure they are integrated into their workforce.
- Exhibitor fee – $150 ($75 for not-for-profit organizations or government agencies) includes a skirted table and two chairs. Power, wireless internet and other items may be ordered.
- Even if you do not have active jobs for which you are recruiting, come start the conversation with attendees about careers at your organization.
A few of the organizations already signed up with us include:
- The Arc of Davidson County
- Delek US / Mapco
- Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
- ForceX Inc.
- Averitt Express
- UBS Financial Services
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc.
- Avenue Bank
- Holiday Inn Vanderbilt
- Ingram Content Group
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Caterpillar Financial
- McKesson Specialty Health
- Nashville OFCCP
- Tennessee Department of Labor
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Professional Account Services, Inc.
- Franklin Marriott
- CSI-Caregiver Services of Tennessee
Contact Stephanie Hawkins at 615-324-1145
There is no cost for job seekers who wish to attend, but please register so we can be prepared: Click here
If you are an employer interested in participating: Click here