Expect. Employ. Empower. October is Disability Employment Awareness Month!October 2, 2014 | Educator, Employer, Family Member, General, Policymaker, Self-Advocate
Guess what?! October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month!
Watch Randy Lewis, former VP at Walgreens, share why it’s important for businesses to include people with disabilities. See below some simple ways you can get this video in the hands of all employers in your community. We Need Your Help!!
- Are you an employer who already hires people with disabilities? Post this on your Facebook page to show your commitment!
- Are you a family member who wants to inspire local businesses in your area to be more inclusive? Forward them this page to show them all the benefits of hiring people with disabilities!
- Encourage everyone you know to share this campaign with employers in their area. Send an email, post on Facebook or share through Twitter.
…you can WIN a copy of Randy Lewis’s book: No Greatness Without Goodness!! Just fill out this form and let us know how you shared! By submitting the form, you will be entered into our drawing taking place at the end of October.
Why Does It Make Good Business Sense to Hire People With Disabilities?
- Employees with disabilities have equal or lower turnover and absentee rates
- Employees with disabilities have equal or better safety records, job performance ratings, and job assignment flexibility
- 92% of customers are more likely to support companies known to hire people with disabilities
Want to know more? Read our Business Case Fact Sheet and share with local businesses and employers to encourage them to hire people with disabilities!
Want someone to speak to your organization about the Business Case for Hiring People with Disabilities? Please email Lynnette.firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to keep up to date with resources, news, and events related to transition and employment in Tennessee for people with disabilities? Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter at tennesseeworks.org/subscribe!